Expats pensions underexposed
Expat pensions are often underexposed. Mostly due to busy schedules and the lack of required knowledge regarding:
- Civil/Tax/ Social Security law
- Pension and financial products
Expats require customization
- Each expat has a special situation and personal preferences. Circumstances can change in time. Only customization provides the required optimal international (risk) coverages, cost control and flexibility.
- Standard financial products might seem practical. However, they tend to be (extremely) expensive, not flexible and not providing the required customized coverage.
Issues of customisation
- What is the exact coverage and premium of the (concept) pension scheme?
- Is a discussion regarding DB/DC/CDC and PPI deemed suitable?
- In case of DC/PPI the offered investment funds perform well with low costs?
- Their Life Cycle propositions are well structured?
- What is the current and future applicable tax/social security regime?
- What does a salary split/fiscale ruling mean for the (new) pension scheme?
- The next of kin coverage often lacks. Annuity or capital based is desired?
- ‘Small’ differences in disability coverages can have huge impact.
- What is the (proposed) premium allocation between employer and expat?
- Are equal expats treated equally or will harmonisation follow later on?
- Timely closure of additional coverage often reduces costs by 50%.
- Is international transfer of value possible and desirable?
Please look at our section Brochures for more information.